Thursday, May 29, 2014

B Vacays: Napa



My favorite reds of the trip were hands down at Regusci!



A pink house on a vineyard! My fairy tale fully realized. 

The highlight of our meal at Bouchon.



CHAMPS, Y'ALL.

The definition of picturesque views at Artesa. 





Bernikins never misses a photo-op.



A glimpse at the riddling process at Schramsberg. 



To say that I had a great time in Napa would be the understatement of the year. Great food, wonderful weather and copious amounts of wine--it's Bernikins heaven.

We were eager beavers when it came to hitting the wineries and we managed to hit at least four-five/day while we were out there. Ambitious, I know, but I am an over-achiever after all. First on our list was Regusci, a recommendation from a sweet co-worker of mine, and it did not disappoint. It had my favorite reds on the whole trip and definitely on my go-to list next time we are back in the area. Another favorite on our first day was Caymus, which had the friendliest servers and the liveliest crowd with great whites to boot! We loved the Chardonnay there and brought home two bottles. Other stops in day one: Frog's Leap, Silver Oak and V. Sattui. Ending the night with dinner at Bouchon and a bottle of wine at the hot tub, I'd say it was a successful first venture in Napa!

Seeing as my love for champagne is widely known, a stop at Domaine Carneros was a must. The scenery there was absolutely amazing, topped only by the breathtaking views at Artesa. Not one to miss a photo-op, Raymond Vineyards was a fun little stop, where I couldn't help but scoop up one of their dog-themed bottles of wine. After such a decadent dinner on night one, we opted for a more low-key evening at Hog Island--fresh oysters and wine galore.

Last but not least, and my hands-down favorite experience of the whole trip, was Schramsberg. The tours there book up weeks in advance, so I highly suggest planning ahead for this. We went on a tour in the caves where we learned about the process behind sparkling wines, and then got to try the famous Schramsberg Blanc de Blanc, which has been repeatedly poured at White House functions! If it's good enough for presidents, it's good enough for me.

Can you tell that I had a blast and a half? If y'all have recs, I would love to hear them! I'm already counting down the days till next time.


XOXO
B

No comments:

Post a Comment