Monday, May 19, 2014

B Loves...

Picturesque views at one of my favorite places ever. 

Winery views in Temecula. 

Fresh mango salsa, served with grilled salmon.

Exploring in the historic Castro district in San Francisco.


Pure joy at the Seward Street concrete slides! 


The past few weeks have been a true whirlwind but in the best way possible. It's included numerous Disney trips (we have passes--so worth it), both local and Napa wineries and a short but sweet visit with my sweet friends in San Francisco. After a day of exploring in the Monterey/Carmel area (recap here), we headed up to San Francisco for a reunion with a few of my best friends from college. We stayed with my best friend Aaron (the patient photographer in the early days of the blog!) in the historic Castro district was such a treat and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to make it back up there for Pride in a few weeks.

On a personal note: Being surrounded by my closest friends as I prepared for the man friend's deployment was truly a godsend and I could never thank them enough for their support and generosity. Preparing to say goodbye to this Marine has been one of the more challenging experiences in my life and it's made me all the more grateful for the time we had together on the trip. He's currently finishing training in Europe and will then leave for Afghanistan in a few months. So if y'all would be oh-so-kind, please keep him and his team in your thoughts and prayers and send general good vibes their way. In the meantime, my little Sophie and copious amounts of shoes will have to keep me company. ;)

XOXO
B

No comments:

Post a Comment