Friday, April 25, 2014

B Vacays: Santa Barbara


Life's been pretty hectic lately around these parts, so when an opportunity for a quick vacay to Santa Barbara presented itself, I jumped on it! I've lived in Orange County for a few years now but even though Santa Barbara is only a few hours drive away, this was my first time there. The drive up PCH lent itself to some spectacular ocean views that reminded me of just how much I really love living in California. 

The little B&B we chose was absolutely darling! They had us in little casitas, complete with a hot tub and fireplace; I almost didn't want to leave the comfy room all weekend. Made complete with breakfast in bed, it was sheer bliss. 

No surprises here, we spent most of our time there trying out various tasting rooms on the Urban Wine Trail. Favorites were: Municipal Winemakers, Drake Wines and Area 5.1 Winery. We also got to try out some tres yummy restaurants; if you're ever in the area, be sure to check out Blue Tavern and The Lark

If SB isn't on your California to-do list, add it pronto. Between all the good wine and delicious food, I came home from the short but sweet weekend feeling totally rested. Did I mention it was sheer bliss? :)

Happy Friday y'all! Thanks for reading.

XOXO
B


1 comment: