Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Blush










  





 Top: Forever 21 // Jeans: J Brand // Shoes: Rebecca Taylor // Clutch: Gap // Sunglasses: Karen Walker

As a young girl, I was convinced that once I was out of school and a working woman, I would be able to afford copious amounts of Dior dresses and Manolo Blahnik footwear a la Carrie Bradshaw. It's been a few years post college and I'm here to report that this is very much not the case. That is precisely why I am all about the high-low mixing. I think it's important to invest wisely in two categories: truly special pieces that you'll treasure forever and classic items that will stand the test of time and trends. For everything else, I rely on stores like Forever 21 and H&M to indulge in trendier pieces that I don't expect will survive more than a few seasons.

Enter this sheer, sparkly shirt! I've been on a huge lingerie-inspired clothing kick lately and this top hit just the right spot. The beading indulges my magpie tendencies and the blush pink isn't too overly girly. I will say that while the beading on it is super pretty, it requires delicate handling. But it is comforting to know that should you ever need to find me, all you will have to do is follow the trail of fallen beads.

XOXO
B

No comments:

Post a Comment