Monday, September 30, 2013

New York Fashion Week Spring 2014 - Trend Alert

L to R: Milly, Michael Kors, Naeem Khan, J. Mendel, Proenza Schouler // images via Style.com

Crop tops have been everywhere. And we'd better get to crunching as it would appear that the trend is here to stay. Peek-a-boo midriffs were all over the runways this past NYFW and I have to admit that even I'm starting to embrace the trend. It's not quite my style to rock a totally bare midsection with jeans or cutoff shorts, but I love the idea of showing off a sliver of skin when paired with a pencil skirt. 

One of my favorite cropped looks was from Milly (far left image)--I loved the juxtaposition between the feminine floral print and the sporty zipper detailing. Naeem Khan's (middle image) take was much more girly and a look I would love to replicate; the embroidered top would look equally luxe with a charcoal gray pencil skirt, making it quite the perfect office ensemble. I was also quite taken with the cropped looks from Proenza Schouler (far right image). The leather detailing paired with the midi skirt was a more casual take on the trend but uber chic nonetheless. 

What do you think of the crop top trend? Will it be one you dare to try yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment