Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Holy Chic


Top: American Apparel (The letters were a DIY) // Skirt: Zara (last seen here and here) // Shoes: BCBG // Bag: 3.1 Phillip Lim

Funny story... We got to the spot for pictures and I realized that I had forgotten the SD card in the camera. Gah! It was just one of those days. (Ruh-roh.) We went ahead and took these pics with a cell phone so please excuse the graininess.

Ever since I saw blogger extraordinaire Peony Lim in this outfit, I was completely smitten with the "Holy Chic" shirt. Well, not only was it sold out everywhere but it was also $220. Yikes! While I can be slightly irrational about shopping at times, there are too many shoes out there that need a good home with me for me to justify spending hundreds of dollars on a tee shirt. So I decided to make my own using iron-on letters and a comfy cotton tee! Take that, Martha Stewart.

2 comments:

  1. can't believe the letters were a DIY - nice job!

    www.itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was actually a lot easier than I though it would be.

      P.S: Your blog is darling. I'm also a Bravo addict... ;)

      Delete