Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Life Update

Hey y'all.

Sorry it's been so incredibly long since my last update. Time has flown by and it's been absolutely insane up in my neck of the woods.

So naturally, an update is long overdue.

First things first: I officially moved! While I had a fabulous year living in the Bay Area with one of my best friends in the entire world, I am very excited to have made the move down to Southern California. The sunny weather, gorgeous beaches and abundance of boba was simply too much to resist.

Also, I started a new job! I now work for a company with multiple e-commerce properties, where I run editorial strategy and social media efforts. It's an exciting and challenging transition from my old job, but I am incredibly happy. While I no longer officially work in fashion anymore, I do feel that I have been learning a lot and really strengthening my social media and web marketing skills.

On that note, the start of Fashion Week has made this entire transition very bittersweet. Yes, I absolutely adore my new job, but my heart is saddened that I am no longer a part of the fashion discourse on a daily basis. I love everything about the fashion industry and all that it represents and my hope is to return to it someday when the timing is right. But what I've learned in the past few months is that things do work out for a reason and I'm going to sit tight, be patient and have faith that it will all work out. ;)

Happy NYFW everyone. I leave you with these inspiring words from a woman much wiser than me.




No comments:

Post a Comment