Sunday, January 15, 2012

Fashion Forecast: Awards Season (Golden Globes, SAG, Oscars)

Academy Awards


Images via StyleBistro


1. Alexander McQueen: This was my favorite look from the recent McQueen collection so I'm tightly crossing my fingers that it makes it out this award season. It would take someone with major style cajones to pull it off, but the results would be absolutely glorious.
2. Elie Saab: I'm expecting a lot of Elie's spring looks to make it on the red carpet. Just look at the way it photographs!
3. Jason Wu: This dress needs a red carpet moment. And the Oscars would be the perfect place for it. I picture a fresh-faced star like Emma Stone.
4. Jenny Packham: Packham does quiet elegance like no other, which is why it's no surprise that royal style queen, Kate Middleton, adores her designs. I would love to see this beaded red number at the Oscars.
5. Marchesa: I'm dying to see a style risk-taker try out this beaded gown on the red carpet. Perhaps a style star like Evan Rachel Wood?
6. Matthew Williamson: This tangy shade is sure to make a statement.
7. Oscar de la Renta: Pictures don't even begin to do this dress justice. It's a long-shot but I want to see a petite star like Natalie Portman pull this elegant look off.
8. Prabal Gurung: I can't help but love a beaded purple gown. I expect Prabal to be all over the red carpet this award season.
9. Zac Posen: Red on the red carpet looks perfectly elegant when done with just the right silhouette.
10. Temperley: Yes, it's a stretch, but I think with the right accessories, this look could really come to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment