Thursday, January 12, 2012

Fashion Forecast: Awards Season (Golden Globes, SAG, Oscars)

Award season kicks off this Sunday with the Golden Globes. This will be followed by the SAGs. And then the Oscars. This is practically our version of March Madness! Apart from Fashion Week, this is my favorite time of the year. Granted, I'll be working every single event this year so I may begin to hate it, but there's always been something inherently wonderful about seeing high-fashion designs come to life on the red carpet. And at these events, the stylists come out in full force.

I've chosen various dresses from the recent Spring 2012 collections that I would most like to see this award season. Check out my picks!

Golden Globes


 Images via StyleBistro

1. Monique Lhuillier: Fishtail hems seem to be all the rage on the red carpet so I'd be curious to see this trend translated for a high-profile red carpet. The texture would photograph wonderfully as well.
2. Oscar de la Renta: Chartreuse was the color of the spring shows. The gown may be simple but the color would do all the talking. I can totally see Kristin Wiig rocking this look.
3. Ralph Lauren: The Gatsby-inspired collection was probably my favorite Ralph Lauren collection to date. This particular dress would be a great show stopper for a younger starlet like Lea Michele or Sarah Hyland.
4. Valentino: I love a chic Valentino-red gown. Here's to hoping that we see a style queen like Zoe Saldana in this.
5. Versace: This dress is practically screaming JENNIFER LOPEZ.
6. Zac Posen: I'm dying to see one of Zac's mermaid dresses walk the red carpet. You listening, Charlize?
7. Elie Saab: We've seen a few of Elie's green gowns from the spring collection but not any of the yellow. This gorgeous shade would be like a ray of sunshine on the red carpet!
8. Emanuel Ungaro: This dress may seem unconventional, but that's exactly what I picture for a style risk-taker like Emma Stone.
9. Jenny Packham: I loved the fresh colors in her collection. I'm hoping that a sexy and sophisticated star like Rose Byrne opts for this look.
10. L'Wren Scott: A dress with this silhouette is just asking for an hourglass figure like Kate Winslet's.


Stay tuned for my fashion forecasts for the SAG and Oscars!

No comments:

Post a Comment