I've chosen various dresses from the recent Spring 2012 collections that I would most like to see this award season. Check out my picks!
Images via StyleBistro
1. Monique Lhuillier: Fishtail hems seem to be all the rage on the red carpet so I'd be curious to see this trend translated for a high-profile red carpet. The texture would photograph wonderfully as well.
2. Oscar de la Renta: Chartreuse was the color of the spring shows. The gown may be simple but the color would do all the talking. I can totally see Kristin Wiig rocking this look.
3. Ralph Lauren: The Gatsby-inspired collection was probably my favorite Ralph Lauren collection to date. This particular dress would be a great show stopper for a younger starlet like Lea Michele or Sarah Hyland.
4. Valentino: I love a chic Valentino-red gown. Here's to hoping that we see a style queen like Zoe Saldana in this.
5. Versace: This dress is practically screaming JENNIFER LOPEZ.
6. Zac Posen: I'm dying to see one of Zac's mermaid dresses walk the red carpet. You listening, Charlize?
7. Elie Saab: We've seen a few of Elie's green gowns from the spring collection but not any of the yellow. This gorgeous shade would be like a ray of sunshine on the red carpet!
8. Emanuel Ungaro: This dress may seem unconventional, but that's exactly what I picture for a style risk-taker like Emma Stone.
9. Jenny Packham: I loved the fresh colors in her collection. I'm hoping that a sexy and sophisticated star like Rose Byrne opts for this look.
10. L'Wren Scott: A dress with this silhouette is just asking for an hourglass figure like Kate Winslet's.
Stay tuned for my fashion forecasts for the SAG and Oscars!